Treatment of dry and brittle hair in men
Treatment of dry and brittle hair in men
Dry, brittle hair is common in men and women of all ages. In fact, dry hair is no different between men and women. Although dry hair may be annoying, it is usually not a sign of a serious health condition. You should minimize some simple changes in your dry hair care routine.
The sebaceous glands in our hair follicles produce a natural oil called sebum that moisturizes and protects your hair. As you age, the amount of sebum decreases and your hair becomes more prone to dryness. Men with curly or curly hair are especially prone to dry hair. This is because sebum is not able to reach the hair as easily as it can reach in smooth or wavy hair.
In men, what causes dry hair and scalp?
Environmental factors, your hair care routine, and your hormonal health can all play a role in keeping your hair hydrated and healthy. Here are some of the reasons why your hair may be dry:
1 – Excessive shampooing : Frequent shampooing may strip your hair of its protective oils and cause it to dry out. People with curly and curly hair are especially prone to dehydration. How often you need to use shampoo depends on your hair. If your hair tends to dry out, you may need to shampoo it every day once.
2- Exposure to the sun: Exposure to ultraviolet rays from the sun’s rays or indoor glosses can damage your skin. However, prolonged exposure to UV rays can also damage the external energy of your hair, which is called the cuticle. It protects the cuticles of your hair and helps lock in moisture. When the cuticle is damaged, your hair can become dry or brittle.
3- Blow drying and using hot water : Exposing your hair to heat while drying or showering with hot water may dry out your hair. Whereas a 2011 study found that the amount of hair damage when dried increases with increasing temperature.
4- Weak Thyroid : You have the thyroid gland located in the front of the neck. It produces hormones that control your metabolism. It was found that thyroid hormones stimulate hair growth by acting on cells in hair follicles. Hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism can adversely affect hair growth, dryness and brittleness.
5- Chlorinated water: Frequent exposure to chlorinated water can reduce the amount of natural oil in your hair, exposing it to damage.
6- Hair products: Some hair products can contain harsh ingredients. If your hair dries out, you may want to avoid products that contain short chain alcohol, such as:
- isopropyl alcohol.
- propyl alcohol
How to treat dry and brittle men’s hair at home
Here are some of the ways you can easily maintain the moisture of your hair at home:
- Less shampoo If your hair is too dry, you can try to reduce the number of times you shampoo two or three times a week.
- Using cold water may help cold water while washing your hair with its moisture.
- Change your shampoo or conditioner: Using a shampoo specifically designed for dry hair may help keep your hair moisturized.
- Try leaving the conditioner on the hair: Leave the conditioner on your hair for 20 to 30 minutes. This helps moisturize your dry hair.
- Change the brush: The bristle brush and the nylon brush have closely spaced bristles. These bristles can help stimulate your scalp and distribute the oil throughout.
- Air dryer: It can help you avoid heat. That may cause damage to your hair when using heat, try to stick to the lowest temperature.
How to take care of certain types of hair?
Hair types are generally classified into four types: styled or straight hair, wavy hair, curly hair, and wavy hair.
- Styled Hair : Smooth hair tends to be more greasy than other types of hair. The oils can transfer easily from your scalp to the end of your hair since there is no frizz to keep it in. If the time is up or not, he has had to wash his hair with shampoo more than people with other hair types. You may also want to try using dry shampoo between washes.
- Wavy hair: Wavy hair is more likely to become frizzy than smooth hair, but it does not tend to become dry. Like curly or curly hair. You can calm frizz by applying a small amount of dry oil such as avocado oil or grape seed oil to your hair.
- Curly hair: Curly hair tends to become dry. Because curly hair makes it difficult for your natural oils to reach the ends of your hair. You can help keep it hydrated by avoiding hot water and tumble drying it when possible. You can also use a styling conditioner for curly hair to keep it moisturized. If you are prone to frizz, you can also try adding dry oil. You may also want to reduce or avoid brushing your hair. Because the brush can get stuck in the curls and damage the hair.
- Curly hair: It is sometimes called zigzag hair, and curvy hair tends to be dry and fluffy because the natural oils
- The oils distributed to your scalp take longer to spread around your hair. If you have curly hair, it is best to reduce the number of times you wash your hair with shampoo and dry it with a dryer.
Lifestyle changes for healthier hair
Although genetics play a big role in determining the health of your hair. However, good lifestyle habits can also be beneficial. Some beneficial changes to your hair include:
- Eating protein: The main protein that makes up hair is keratin. Not getting enough protein may lead to weak and brittle hair.
- Eating a Balanced Diet Eating a balanced diet helps you prevent deficiencies in the necessary nutrients. Which may negatively affect the health of your hair: Zinc and biotin are the highest in particular.
- Smoking: Avoid smoking. Smoking can negatively affect many aspects of your health. It is believed that there is a link between smoking and hair loss.
- Minimize exposure to sunlight : Prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays can damage your hair. Wearing a hat while exposed to the sun can protect your hair.
- Exercising regularly : Structured exercise improves blood flow to your scalp, leading to better hair health.
Finally, dry hair is a common problem among men, if your hair tends to dry. You may want to try reducing dryness with shampoo. And use cold water and avoid styling from the dryer. Following lifestyle habits with a balanced diet and exercise can improve the overall health of your hair.